The Inaugural Women Interactive Digital Vanguard Awards and Creative Technology Festival in conjunction with Spelman College Digital Image Salon successfully took place in Atlanta Oct 12 and 13th.
The festival opened to a crowd of hundreds of women seeking to gain knowledge and insight in the world of creative technology. It provided an interactive, in depth conversation with award recipients and digital influencers on content creation, technology and the role of women in the digital space.
College students, academic faculty, technology and media professionals enjoyed the opportunity to interact with innovative technology in our Interactive Atrium, view cutting edge media content in our Screening Rooms, experience technological exhibitions in the Inspiration Hall and participate in media and technology workshops in our Education Suites.
In addition, the Women Interactive Creative Technology Digital Vanguard Awards took place at the Microsoft Store at Lenox Mall.
The 2012 Women Interactive Digital Vanguard Award recipients include:
- Lifetime Achievement: Dr. Ayoka Chenzira – Interactive Filmmaker, Educator, Founding Director of Spelman College Digital Moving Image Salon.
- Social Change Agent: Kimberly Bryant – Founder, Black Girls Code.
- Digital Renegade: Angela Benton, Founder, New Me Accelerator/Black Web 2.0
- Trail Blazer: Issa Rae, Creator, The Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl.
- Neo Tech: Corvida Raven- Founder of shegeeks.net, Co-Founder of Everything Twitter, The Social Geeks Roundtable Podcast, In A Third Place.