From part owner on the real court to executive producer on the digital. 2K sports announced today Jay-Z will serve as the executive producer of NBA 2k13.
Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports tells CNN Jay worked with the development team on how to bring the entire entertainment presentation to the video game without affecting any of the gameplay. He said Jay-Z was highly engaged and understood the line between on-court and off-court experiences.
2K sports are exciting not just for the game, but for the music. With expertise from one of hip-hop’s finest, the soundtrack is looking to be a good one.
Jay-Z’s selected 24 songs, of course including six of his own, for the game’s soundtrack.
- Artist – Title
- The Hours – Ali in the Jungle
- Too Short – Blow the Whistle (Main)
- Eric B. and Rakim – I Ain’t No Joke
- Phoenix – 1901
- JAY Z – Pump it Up (Freestyle)
- Puff Daddy and the Family Victory (feat. Notorious B.I.G. & Busta Rhymes)
- Daft Punk – Around The World (Radio Edit)
- Santigold – Shove It (feat. Spank Rock)
- Kanye – West Amazing
- JAY Z – Run This Town
- The Dirty Projectors – Stillness is the Move
- Nas – The World is Yours
- Coldplay – Viva La Vida
- Roy Ayers – We Live in Brooklyn, Baby
- Justice – Stress
- JAY Z – The Bounce
- Kanye – West We Major (feat. Nas & Really Doe)
- Mobb Deep – Shook Ones, Pt. II
- Meek Mill – Ima Boss – Instrumental
- Kanye – West Mercy (feat. Big Sean, Pusha T, and 2 Chainz)
- U2 – Elevation
- JAY Z – On To The Next One
- JAY Z – Public Service Announcement
- JAY Z – H.A.M. (Instrumental)
NBA 2K13 is set to launch on October 2 for Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, PSP and PC, Take-Two Interactive.Category: Featured, Gaming | Tags: 2k2013, Basketball, executive producer, Jay-Z, NBA 2k2013, video games