The day everyone has been waiting for has come. Apple introduced the latest version of of its mobile operating system, iOS 6.
iOS will be released in the Fall, but is available for developers today. So what’s new? Well, much of what was predicted. Siri enhancements, Facebook integration, photo streaming, and mail enhancements.
New Siri Abilities:
- Siri pulls in sports info from Yahoo, allowing you to get game updates.
- Sports include Football, Baseball, Basketball, and possibly more. Those were the sports demoed.
- Siri has also gotten better at restaurant/Yelp integration, offering average price per menu item, reviews and Yelp rating.
- Siri also partnered with Rotten Tomatoes to watch trailers, etc.
- You can ask for “movies with Scarlett Johansson” or “movies playing at the HERP DERP theater.
- And the moment we’ve all been waiting for: Siri can launch apps. Simply say something like “Play Temple Run.
- Siri will also let you Tweet by voice.
- Siri may come packaged nicely in a button on some car’s steering wheels. Brands include BMW, GM, Land Rover, Audi, and Honda, among many more.
- Siri is now available on the iPad.
- Facebook is now a baked-in part of iOS
- Just sign-in once through settings and everything is set up
- You can share photos, links, maps, iTunes links, and Game Center content.
- Maybe and RSVPed Facebook Events are automatically added to Calendar
- Birthdays, too.
- Phone numbers will appear in Contacts list.
Read the rest of what iOS 6 has to offer at TechCrunchCategory: Events, Featured | Tags: apple, iOS 6, WWDC 2012