Pluckshot offers you a set of tools that dramatically enhance and socialize the overall photo sharing and viewing experience across the web. We previously featured the creator of Pluckshot, Rodney Witcher, here on Black Web 2.0 and now it is time to dig a little deeper into the actual service. The major goal of Pluckshot is to enhance the photo sharing and viewing experience on the web by making it easier to find, organize and discover photos posted to the web by people and entities you care about and are interested in. Let’s take a look at the six different ways to use Pluckshot:
- Home Screen – here is where you can see any photo posted to Twitter. See a picture you like by someone you aren’t even following and click on that photo to see all their pictures. (Real-time updating should be an upcoming feature).
- Home Screen (personalized) – this is where you can see the photos from everyone you follow. A much more personal look at your friends photos.
- My Photos – all of the photos you have ever posted up on twitter are in this section. Definitely a nice twitter photo aggregator.
- Friends Photos - Very similar to Option #2 on this list.
- Upload Photo – This section allows you to upload a photo you have and post it to twitter and add it to Pluckshot all at the same time. You can also add it to any other Twitter photo sharing site as well.
- Tweet this - Allows you to send tweets from Pluckshot and say whatever you would like to.
Take a look at some of these new features on the way for Pluckshot:
- Search: A strong search solution is key for all products and Pluckshot is no exception. Pluckshot will soon allow users to search across all the photos posted to Twitter. Users will be able to search on username, location, event, trending topics and keywords.
- User Name: Enter a Twitter username and find all the photos posted to Twitter by the user as well as those photos the person is tagged in.
- Location: Search for photos at and/or near a particular location or place.
- Events: Enter an event name or hashtag and find all related photos.
- Trending topics: Find which pictures are trending; in relation to Twitter’s trending topics, as well as our own algorithm.
- Keywords: Enter a keyword and find all photos related to that keyword.
- Photo Tagging: It’s cool knowing who’s in the pitcture, but what about who took the picture? Pluckshot will enable users to tag themselves and other Twitter users in photos, thus giving greater social context to the photos posted on Twitter.
- Widgets: Users want to share their Twitter photos across the web. Pluckshot will provide embeddable widgets, allowing users to easily and seamlessly share these photos across the web with embeddable widgets, similar to those used for sharing their tweets across the web.
As you can see, Pluckshot has many dimensions of potential use which is particularly impressive. Considering the fact that this site has only been in development since March 2010 (when coding began), there is definitely a high ceiling for the finished product. Let us know your thoughts in the comments section.Category: Startup | Tags: photo sharing, Pluckshot, Rodney Witcher, Social Networking, twitter